/ / JWC
James Walker Consulting (we, us or our) is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of your personal information.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We will only collect personal information relevant to our business relationship with you. The personal information we collect will generally include your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, bank account details, and information about your use of our products and services. You may choose to not provide us with this information, but not doing so may affect our ability to provide you with our products and services.
We will collect this information directly from you when you:
- register to use our products and services;
- use our products and services; or
- communicate or interact with us, whether by email, telephone or otherwise.
You are required to keep us informed of changes to your information to enable us to have proper administrative processes.
We may also collect aggregated information generated by our system, which tracks your use of our products and services but does not identify you personally.
Our website uses server logs and web analytic tools (such as “cookies”). Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your device by websites that you visit. When you use our website, these tools collect information such as the browser and operating system that you use, the internet protocol address of the device you use to access the site, search terms, your location and the content that you view when visiting the website.
You can set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our website, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. If you set your browser to reject cookies you may not be able to access all the features of the website.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to:
- provide our products and services to you
- communicate with you
- carry out our business which includes maintaining your account, planning, training, product development, research and analysis
- enforce our agreement with you in any way
- fulfil our legal requirements (for example, disclosure to law enforcement agencies or the courts)
- or for any related purpose in connection with the above.
We may use any information that we collect from you that is not personal information (so you cannot be personally identified from it) for our business purposes, including:
- to assess how our customers use our products and services
- to improve our products and services
- for marketing and promotional purposes.
We may use your information to offer you products and services that we believe meet your needs. You can notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will act promptly on any such request.
who we may disclose your information to
We may disclose information we retain about you, including your personal information, to the following persons or their agents:
- our employees, contractors, and our related entities;
- service providers engaged by us, such as data storage, IT, software management, insurers and financial services;
- Government departments or law enforcement agencies (including the Police)
- liquidators, administrators or other persons appointed to administer your financial affairs
- debt collection services or credit reporting agencies.
Some of the persons listed above may be located overseas. We will only transfer your personal information to a recipient that is obliged to protect your personal information with comparable safeguards to those contained in the Privacy Act 2020, or otherwise we will obtain your express consent to transfer or store the personal information.
James Walker Consulting operates Xero, WordPress and Google’s G-suite, which is where most personal information will be held.
YOUR INFORMATION IS SECURE
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure and confidential. This includes the following:
- only our staff and those who perform services on our behalf, and are authorised to handle your information, will have access to your personal information;
- we will not retain any of your information for any longer than it is required by us except to fulfil our legal obligations or where you have consented; and
- we will, with your help, keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date.
ADVERTISING AND THIRD PARTY LINKS
YOU HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can access most of the personal information we hold about you and request corrections. This right is subject to some exceptions, for example, you may not obtain access to information relating to existing or anticipated legal proceedings.
You can request access to your information by emailing us at email@example.com. This service is free unless the information you request requires significant research or preparation time. Before we act upon requests of this nature, we will tell you how much this service will cost.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK WE HAVE MADE AN ERROR
We are committed to protecting your privacy and our policies, processes and systems have been developed with this in mind. However, if you think we have made an error, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Where we have made an error, we will endeavour to correct the error as soon as reasonably practicable.